Four months has always seemed like the magic month to start solids. I am thinking that 6-8 months is a much better approach. After reading and researching I think this will give Corbin and I a better breastfeeding relationship. That is my goal to breastfeed as long as possible. There will be no pacifiers, I have even written out a birth plan. It is not anything special but a very short summary of what I want. For instance, I do not want a c section unless the baby's life is in danger or mine, I do not want my baby to be circumcised and no pacifiers or artificial nipples of any kind! I actually learned that circumcision can hurt the breastfeeding relationships. If the baby's blood sugar is low they can use a baby dropper to administer formula to get it back up. There is no reason for them to give a bottle. I want my baby right away! They can clean him up first but when they are done I want my baby to breastfeed. The sooner that happens the better. Maybe I seem bitchy but I want things done my way! I want encouraged to breastfeed. I feel like the hospital in my town does not do this as much as they should. Giving up has never been an option for me. It never will be either. I am glad I have this plan. Now all I have to do is have it ready for the hospital. I am very ready for baby! Now I just got to finish baking him.
Friday, February 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment